How to make a teacher appreciation home video sketch
Planning to make a teacher appreciation video
? It could be just a video message from you and your classmates, but if you’re thinking about a short sketch, this is a suggestion on how to do it.
- Think about your teacher. Do you know enough about his or her personality and ideas, or about what he or she likes? Need some help?
- Sometimes while we're watching television shows, we come up with ideas for stories. Go ahead, put your ideas into action. Make a home video of your story.
- Write your story down. Keep it short, about 15 minutes to read out loud.
- Show your colleagues the script and discuss it.
- Ask some classmates to be with you as you film. If a scene is hard to plan, they can help you make it easier. If something goes wrong, they'll be there to help you fix it.
- Choose a setting for the video that is easy to get to. Backyards, neighborhood parks, and family rooms make excellent stages.
- Use simple, household objects for props.
- Check lighting, the camcorder and get the actors into costume.
- Ready, set, action! Start filming.
Back to Ideas for teacher appreciation: older students
- Many famous movie and television producers, including Steven Spielberg, made home movies when they were children.
- Plan a teacher appreciation activity and program the video show then. It can be a beautiful surprise for the teacher and also for those classmates who were not involved.
Back to Home: Teacher Appreciation